Tuesday, September 21, 2010

This one got away.

A few week's ago my Aunt called me and offered her home and all the furniture in it for a very nice price. I was so excited and couldn't wait for Gary to return home from work. I waited a few minutes for him to settle down and set in a chair on the patio before I told him the good news. I reason why I wanted her home it is only 25 minutes from the ocean on Hilton Head Island. We could have had a chance to live by the sea. Instead of fighting old man winter each year. Trying to drive in the not so cleaned streets of ice and snow. Being forced to stay indoor all winter long. In Hilton Head the average temperature is 70.
So when I told my husband I thought he would share in my excitement. Instead he said No.
because he wasn't ready to retire yet. He wants to work one more year. This shattered me I was shocked. It was what we planned on for the last three years. We go down there each summer for vacation and love the island.
This was a few week's ago and I can't put this out of my mind. All that I can think about is the one and only chance we had will be gone forever. The chance for us to walk on the beach and see the sunset every evening if we wanted to. The chance to live in warm weather. I could have had summer flower's bloom all year long. I could have spent time getting to know my mother's family in the south. Exploring the history of Savannah and Charleston. So much I will never have the chance to know. It's not fair......
I wanted my grandchildren to come each summer and stay with me so we could play at the sea. Our son and his beautiful girlfriend also said that they would move with us down south.
When my husband and I talked about moving down south a few year's ago he said the one thing he would miss the most was our son.
I feel like we had the chance to live someplace wonderful and different. To play like we were young again and connect with the beauty of the sea. To lay in the sun and taste the salt from the water's spray.
I just wanted to have that chance to say I live someplace different than Ohio.

No comments:

Post a Comment