Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Getting connected

My son, Chad is always telling me to post on my blog. Not that my life is so interesting. Ok I will give it a shot.
This morning I went for a walk with Beasley and the temperature was quite cool. Our apartment where my husband and I live contains several walking trails with beautiful landscape areas.
You could feel Autumn in the air. Fall and Spring are my favorite season's. It reminds me of my childhood playing in the piles of leaves that I would create in my Grandma's yard.
Soon the annual display of sun burned leaves will changed into colors like sienna and burnt umber. The burning bushes will turn bright crimson almost like mother-nature has a paint brush and tubes of watercolors. The crisp fresh air will take over and the day's will become shorter.
I turn into a nester wanting to nestle up with soft textures and fabric's that will warm me. Cook pot after pot of soup and bake apple pie's for my husband Gary. Watch an old movie while sipping a cup of hot chocolate and find a craft to carry me through the winter months. So I hope that you will enjoy these last few weeks of warm weather and surround yourself in the beauty that fall has to offer. Rake up a pile of leaves maybe nostalgia will take over asking you to roll in them like you did as a child.

1 comment:

  1. Yay!

    What's up mom?

    "The burning bushes will turn bright crimson almost like mother-nature has a paint brush and tubes of watercolors"

    That's a sweet line, I'm going to steal it!

    ReplyDelete