Friday, September 10, 2010

This year

Alot has happen to Gary and I this year. We sold our home in Ross, Ohio after living there for 23 years. My children were raised in that house. We had a ranch in the country on 5 acres. Four bedroom with an in ground pool and four car garage. I planted several trees that were just seedlings and now they are taller than the house. We painted and remodeled just about every room. Spent alot of time and money turning that place into what we wanted it to be. I watched my son and daughter graduate and go to college. They moved out and started their own lives. My daughter got married and became a mother. My son has his own place and lives with a beautiful young lady. The house became too much for us. So we sold it last February and settle into a 2 bedroom luxury apartment. It is beautiful here with the clubhouse and pool. The expenses are half of what they were. Do I miss my old home? I have to say no I really don't.
What I miss are watching the deer's that grazed in the back yard each evening. I've missed my garden and the fresh produce that I grew. The flower's when they were in full bloom. The sun sets and peaceful evening sitting on the deck. Being able to crank the stereo up when I wanted to.
Alot of good times were had by all in that house. But like everything, nothing stays the same.
So now that we have lived in our apartment for the last 7 months. I can say that we made the right decision. We have free time each day to do or go where we want. It takes me about an hour to clean and we can enjoy our time together. It just seems odd that we don't own a house anymore. I have owned a house since I was 19 years old. Next month I'll be 60.

No comments:

Post a Comment