Sunday, October 3, 2010

Oh my gosh

Can you believe it just 12 weeks till Christmas.
We have our family traditions and I hold fast and dear to them. Decorations adorne each room and candlelight emits a warm glow. Almost as if we forgot to pay the electric bill and the power was shut off.
The house always had a soothing bliss durning the holidays. I took hours of long and careful planning to entertain guest. Everything had to be perfect. I gave our friends Christmas magic of good food and cocktails.
The Christmas holiday also brings back memories of my childhood. The scent of my Mom's roasted turkey and sage dressing which has continued in my home and my daughter Tracey's.
My husband Gary carry's arm loads of fresh cut fire wood to take the morning chill off of the house. Then he paces in the kitchen wanting to attack the dishes that await on the refrigerator shelves.
My son Chad asking " When can we open our presents." as he lumber's around in his pajama bottoms and long sleeve top. While scouring around in the kitchen looking for the traditional Christmas morning breakfast of Pecan coffee cake and orange juice.
Those are our memories that can transport me to our Christmases past, Where I linger for just a few minutes and move on. Hey I still have 12 weeks. Don't I.

No comments:

Post a Comment