Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas

Tomorrow is December 24. I can't believe it. What a year it has been. I remember last year when we were totally broke and I was so darn depressed. I was depressed because I wasn't able to give my family a Christmas like we have had over the past several years. Yes, I shop and I will spent what I please. That is what Christmas has been for my children all of there lives.
I know everyone says it's not about how many gifts you get, it's about family. Yes it is about family. I totally understand and feel totally blessed that each year we are all together.
I enjoy giving gifts to my family and grandchildren. Why, do you ask because I remember all of my childhood Christmas past. What I saw on the nightly television and how other families were during the holidays. I never had this at our house. Yes, we were all together but they were not happy holidays at our home. They were filled with tears and sadness. My dad would get drunk and ruin Christmas every single year. Seriously he did and us children would end up being sent to bed early and in tears. I think he got some kind of sick pleasure of ruining what ever my mom tried to do. He would start drinking and continue all evening until he would be staggering around falling down or falling into the tree. He would fist fight with mom and she would be a total wreck. I hated him and I learned to dislike the holidays. I couldn't wait to go back to school just to get out of the house.
So say what you will. I give my family the fairy dream Christmas each year that I can. I only want my children to have the best holiday memories possible. I will shop and bake and cook, decorated what ever it takes to create that special holiday.
I always feel like midnight mass is the most special time of the holiday for me. I want to remember what the meaning of Christmas is and I need to give thanks to God for all the blessing that I have. My husband, my children, grandchildren, son-in-law. My son's sweet girlfriend who I love. My friends, pets. And the beauty that surrounds me daily. I have been able to give my love one's the Christmas that I could only dream about as a child. I had to been blessed to make it into a reality.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday's

No comments:

Post a Comment